Total Revenue Management for Utilities
TRM: Total Revenue Management software
- NSOFT TRM (Total revenue management solution) is a complete head end software solution that captures and manages meter data, automates work process around billing and collections reconciliation, provides data analytics capabilities and provides operational visibility to top management through a host of reports through MIS dashboards.
- It helps reduce loss, increases billing & collection efficiencies, and helps Utilities to increase profits & revenue.
What does our TRM software do?
TRM is a cloud/web based head end software, which can automatically communicate with the meter wirelessly as in the case of AMI, or manually collect meter data using a range of intermediate devices like mobile phones, spot billing machines, optical ports which in turn communicate with the software over GPRS. It allows AMI/smart metering as well as manual metering modes.
TRM features real time Energy audit where energy can be accounted in real time between supply and consumption points to detect leakages.
It helps speed up the metering, billing and collection cycle, improves productivity, increases billing & collection efficiencies.
TRM system captures consumer details, maintains consumer master data, records actual consumption, keeps consumption history, produces bills on the spot in the field, captures cash collection data, matches consumption, demand and collection data, accounts for energy usage, churns the enormous amount of big data collected, analyses the data and produces a variety of reports & dashboards to management for operational control.
The system has a powerful and robust rules engine that maps the workflow and business rules in utilities and automates the process. It supports both pre-paid and post-paid billing systems.
Our Cloud based TRM includes a host of features that come with web access, mobile applications and a host of analytics capabilities
Metering (SMART/AMI & MANUAL)
- In AMI systems, meter data is automatically and remotely collected at pre-defined intervals.
- Manual meter reading, reading via optical port and drive by metering are possible using mobile devices even in offline mode, and system is synced upon availability of connectivity.
Meter data management system
Collects, stores and manages meter data. In case of AMI, it connects with the MDAS to automatically obtain meter data. The billing module obtains data from the MDMS for automatic end of cycle bill processing.
- For effective collections, non-paying consumers can be automatically and remotely disconnected and reconnected based on business rules. (in AMI systems)
- In the case of non-AMI systems, the disconnect status can be updated manually in the software based on inputs from the collection module and also provide alerts to Utility and update the CRM system.
Realtime Energy audit & accounting
In smart metering/ AMI situation, this module reads real time upstream meter data from Feeder and Distribution transformer and corelates with downstream consumer readings to detect leakages. This helps reduce AT&C loss.
Management Information System
Visibility into realtime data, tracking demand, collection and arrears, detailed analytics, Reports, alerts & notifications sent on SMS and email
- Bills are generated at the end of the month automatically in the case of AMI/AMR metering.
- For manual billing, a mobile device with a mobile billing app is used to generate the bill offline, and later sync with the head end software.
- Supports both prepaid & postpaid billing.
New Connection Process
Automates submission of consumer applications (and changes such as load extension/reduction etc) through various channels, tracking of the applications, closure upon installation and collection of all consumer details including GIS details as per EODB guidelines
Identity, Access management & security
- Identity management & role-based bio-metric authentication for work flow automation, approval process, and access to specific functionality.
- Event logging for audit trail, Data encryption for security.
Detailed consumer data, indexing and tagging of consumer can be done. Consumption history details are maintained.
- Allows collection through various channels such as digital/online payments, Mobile cash counters, kiosk collection at Utility office.
- Collections are reconciled against demand, completing the revenue cycle.
Work flow design, mapping of Utility hierarchy and administrative structure design. Modules for Utility officers for management of revenue, assets, resources and workflow.
System comes with required mobile applications.
Assets (Fixed & moveable) can be tagged to entities or owners and be reorganized as per administrative /network hierarchy.
Third Party IT system integration
System uses a SOA and integrates with external/existing IT systems (billing, MDAS, MDMS, etc) through APIs and Web Services.
Web Self Service
This functionality allows consumers to access their accounts and view consumption history, make payments, read about updates and schemes, and raise grievances.
Maintains location data of all meters and other critical assets in the system to provide location based reports.